How to clean a water bottle without soapDid yous ever dream of having your own magical Water-Bottle-Cleaner-Elf? A little magical helper that would take care of all the dirty bottles, big or small, and launder away those hardened signs of juices and chocolate milk from the sides of the canteen? I did, many times!

Sometimes my kids fill their bottles with surprising liquids like a mix of milkshake and watermelon juice. Someone needs to polish these bottles upwardly later those kinds of adventures, right? Until my bottle elf comes along, I estimate I'll have to do it myself.

Recently I talked to my mom and she revealed me my Russian grandma's simple trick for how to clean all types of bottles – from tiny perfume bottles to huge five gallon bottles – in but two minutes and without soap!

Yeah! Information technology is kind of like finding my ain little bottle elf, isn't it?  Back in Russia in the 1970'southward, they didn't have either a dishwasher or those fancy detergents we have today, then my grandmother and my mother learned to make clean all kinds of stubborn stains with: TA-DA – Four SIMPLE INGREDIENTS!! Allow's not keep up the suspense – the magic parts of this potion are rice + soda  + vinegar + h2o.

I took to the kitchen cabinets to become the things to effort it out. My two guinea sus scrofa water bottles were a fencing competition h2o canteen that had been rinsed and refilled, rinsed and refilled innumerable times, so rinsed over again; and a 5-gallon plastic canteen from club'due south cooler.  I couldn't believe it – the trick worked similar a charm on both!!! Here we become and so, the three step of the secret –

How to clean a water canteen without attempt and chemicals:

  1. Put into your dirty canteen:

    • white rice – a handful for pocket-sized bottles, more for larger ones.

    • baking soda – beginning with a couple of tablespoons, add together more for a larger or dirtier canteen.

    • vinegar – same as for baking soda.

    • lukewarm water – nigh ⅙ of the bottle full (don't cook your rice with hot h2o!).

  2. Close the bottle and shake until the h2o turns a disgusting yellowish color,  we call this a "rice shake."

  3. Rinse, fill and potable!

Few more tips:

Tip one: When you cascade in the vinegar, it becomes  family fun chemistry experiment. The baking soda causes the vinegar to fizz, reaching even the well-nigh difficult corners.  Exist sure to exit room for fizzing and have fun!

Tip ii: If you lot don't take either vinegar or baking soda on hand you tin can actually omit these ingredients, though the process won't piece of work quite also.

Tip 3: If the rice sticks to the bottle's walls or lesser, add a fiddling more dry rice and a bit more h2o and shake once again.

How to clean a water bottle without soapThis secret works on: teeny tiny antique bottles, perfume bottles, narrow-neck bottles, weird shaped bottles, perfectly shaped classical bottles, huge cooler bottles, and of course, your standard athletic sport drink bottles. Well, yous got the idea – everything that includes a word BOTTLE. Good luck!

Fence well, and be happy!

A Fencing Mom